Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Haunted Hike

We went on a girl scout hike on Saturday. All of my friends were there. Lets just say my mom said this was going to be a fun hike, but it was not. And I'm going to tell why. It all started when the hike just began. We were all walking [ we were in groups ] and then someone jumped out from behind a tree! I screamed. My mom said that she thought that no one was going to scare anyone. I said to one of the parents that my mom is going to be freaked out! So we went on with the hike. Let me tell you the next scary thing.

We came to a Alice in Wonderland booth. This is not the scary part. Here we met Alice. She drinks the potion and then goes inside the booth and out comes as this little girl. [ If you have ever seen the new movie you know what I'm talking about. ] We all go inside the booth and out comes the madhatter. He said that if you saw the red queen run! She wants to chop your head off!!! And then the red queen JUMPS out and we all ran! My sister and her friends stared at the guy that chops the heads off. He said to Lilah and her friends that you might want to run or I'm going to chop your heads off!

 Lets go on with the hike. When we got to the last booth, our tour guide said to us that this one was scary.  I choose not to go. I stayed outside with a parent. Her little girl went in! Just by the sounds I was scared. After everything was done we got treats and juice. Once I met up with my parents [ they were in a different group ] They said that that the both was scary. My sister went in without knowing that you could stay outside and was terrified!

And my mom said that this was going to be a fun hike. I don't know about you, but Halloween is not my favorite holiday.

6 comments:

  1. sounds like you had a spooktacular time......

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds fun to me!! Even if you were scared, no one was going to get hurt!

    My best friend's husband's family own a plant nursery, so they have a lot of land. When we were younger (before kids) the guys used to make up a trail for us girls. The guys would hide up in trees and in the woods and us girls would walk through and they would run out and scare us! It was fun!

    But I think Allie and Piper would not like that kind of thing very much. Maybe when you are all older.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aaaaaahhhhh! I loved that hike-marlin

    ReplyDelete
  4. The hike sounded awesome to me, but I like scary things. I also love Alice in Wonderland. There is a haunted mall around here but we haven't been yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grace, I'm sorry you were scared by the hike. I agree with you - it didn't sound like fun. It's not nice when you're told one thing, such as the hike won't be scary, then the opposite happens. But I know your mom, and she wouldn't have told you it wouldn't be scary unless she was told it wouldn't be scary. I guess it all comes down to: How do you define scary? I'm like you - I jump when something unexpected happens. Sounds like a scary hike to me!! Another thing we agree on - Halloween is NOT my favorite holiday! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hadn't realized the hike had been so scary for you! I'm sorry you didn't have a better experience, but aren't you glad we didn't go at night? BTW, I jumped too when the first lady jumped at us!

    ReplyDelete