Wednesday, September 8, 2010

day 2 of school

       We started school yesterday Mon. 7 2010. This is my first year homeschooling. So far we are doing a lot. Like in reading. We're doing biography’s. I’m reading Zlata’s Diary. So far, so good. In writing we're making dull sentences into detailed sentences. In math we're just doing a easy review. Around one we get a hour of free play. In my other school we would get only a half a hour of free time! And then most of our afternoons are free. So far I’m liking it. Our dogs sometimes come upstairs and learn with us! [ Or we bring them upstairs.] I’m excited to do new things and go to new places. I cant wait till activities start up! Like the Audubon classes. I also take piano and flute classes. 
                I think I am going to have a fun first year homeschooling!!!!!!!!  

6 comments:

  1. Grace,

    Thanks for sharing your first day with us. You have a great attitude! It sounds like you've got a lot to look forward to this year. Keep us posted on all the fun (and some of the more mundane) things you do this year. I can't wait to read all about it! Just think how much smarter Jake and Daphne will be at the end of the year too!!! Happy Homeschooling!

    Love,

    Auntie Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grace- Glad to see that you are enjoying your new experiences. You have so much more opportunity now to learn new things. The best advice is to be a sponge and soak it all up. I can see the influence of your learning in your writing already. Keep up the good work and if you get the time, send a letter to your Uncle letting him know how you are doing.
    Love ya
    Gramps

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grace, I am so happy that you are enjoying this time! We are just starting homeschooling this year too! We can't wait to meet you in the Manhattan!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew you would love Homeschooling.

    My Mom read me your moms blog about your birthday. sounds so fun! Wish I could have been there.

    Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grace,
    I love your little fish! They are fun to play with!




    Lilah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grace,
    Now we can hang out a lot more. Nothing I like better than eating mediocre choc chip cookies with my cool blonde basketball player! Oh, hope you had an awesome birthday!

    ReplyDelete