Monday, June 28, 2010

Bridgeport and Lordship's damage

Bridgeport got a TORNADO! It ripped off  roofs, took down trees and power lines, and just did damage. It was way  worse than were I live. Lordship was closed to everyone else except for people who live in Lordship. And on our Main Street, a tree took down power lines. That part of Main Street was closed. My uncle is a police officer, and went to help Bridgeport. Me and my dad had to go to the dump. And we drove around Lordship [where we could go] and there was a lot of trees damaged. There was this one tree that was uprooted! The grass was all ripped out! It was my first time seeing a tree like that! And part of Lordship is still closed! We were quite lucky. Who would want a tornado?! I was scared with this storm, I would be freaked out with a tornado!   


4 comments:

  1. You're doing a great job covering this story. Your uncle said that there was no power in Bridgeport, so there was a rule set in place where everyone had to be off the streets at a certain time at night for their own safety. He was there to make sure everyone stayed safe. Keep up the great work Winnie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The big up-rooted tree was unbelievable. Great drawing! What will be our next adventure?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a GREAT story!!
    Mom says a Tornado is very scary, I am glad they closed part of the town to repair the damage. ou are a good artist, too!!
    Isobel

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, a tornado in Ct, and in a big city to boot. Crazy isn't it? I think seeing big trees tipped over on their side is surreal. How could something so old and sturdy be nocked over by wind? I also like to go and look at the roots, they truly are arteries and veins. The opportunity, thankfully, does not present itself often. Keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete