Wednesday, July 7, 2010

ESPN

                  I went to ESPN for a friends and family tour. Joe was our tour guide. I bought a new notebook from the ESPN store. Here is some of my thoughts from my notebook:
                 Some people have worked here for 25 years! This job would be cool, just watching TV and reporting all day! Maybe I’ll get a job here! Were where all of the TV shows are. The show, I’m in the band, is on Disney XD.  We see people doing a commercial.  They’re on towels with bare feet, it’s so hot! I got to go in a real studio.  And sit in real studio chairs! There are TV in the desk!  A football field on the ground! (but with no grass) There’s boards you can put down to change the field into baseball and basketball, but the football field stays in place underneath. There is a pathway leading to the studio. Now we’re in Sports Center!  There are more TVs in desks! I got a basketball script.  I can’t believe I’m in Sports Center! I’m in a control room with more TVs, and people and computers, and people working on computers. 

Who wouldn’t want to watch TV all day?  I would like to watch basketball all day long.  I had a exciting day!

                                   
  

  


9 comments:

  1. Wow, that sounds like so much fun!! Did you get to see them change out the floors? It sounds like you had a great day. Thanks for the cool blog entry!
    Isobel =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great experience! I think you would make a great journalist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a great time Grace--watching television for a job might just be fun--but all sports???? I don't know if I would like that. TV's in your desk sound fun too-I would love that! What a great experience it was for you to go there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had so much fun working with you on this today at Barnes & Noble. It is great to get alone time now and then! Great job Winnie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a a great big world out there Gracie. All kinds of neat things to do that can turn into a life long love affair earning a great living when you find out what it is that you not only can excel at but actually like to do. Keep listening to your Mom and investigate all kinds of neat, fun and worthwhile careers. When you get to the point of making a decision on what you want to do in life, your choice will be a better match for you by continuing to look at all of the possibilities. Excellent post there kiddo! One question though. What would you rather do? Write about basketball or play the game?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grace, I'm glad you had so much fun. Thanks for sharing some of your pictures. I can see the excitement in your smile! You did a great job writing about your day. I'm so glad I was able to share this experience with you, your sister and your cousins. I had fun watching you guys have so much fun!! Like Paul said, there are lots of possibilities out there. The key is to find something that you enjoy, be it sports, writing, or who knows what farther down the road. Just keep on trying new experiences.... you never know where they may lead. Can't wait to read about your next experience.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that job would be a great fit for you. I might actually watch a sportscast if you were the big head in my TV! I am really glad that you had such an awesome day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. great story Grace, I felt like I was actually there.....keep up the good work!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete